19 Sep Dairy application specialist
A company based in region of Murcia in Spain, operating in the international dairy industry, is looking for a dairy application specialist to join the team. They are searching for a food technologist with the following knowledge and skills.
- You are a self-motivated professional, with a postgraduate degree in food science/technology/engineering or a related field.
- You are customer oriented, open-minded, flexible and you have good communication skills.
- You have senior practical experience from working in or with the dairy industry and a high theoretical understanding of dairy chemistry and processing.
- You like to visit customers, solve technical problems, and 60-90 yearly days of international travel activity fits your life and working style.
- You are English bilingual and proficient user of office software (preferably also Lotus Notes).
- Draw up, plan and implement product development projects on dairy applications, according to stage gate principles implemented into PIM (Premium Innovation Model).
- Manage product development activities with company members and 3rd parties: manufacturers, raw material suppliers, consultants, etc…
- Co-ordinate projects with our marketing/commercial team and our customers.
- Provide product development samples for lab, pilot plant and/or industrial trials and to assist with market/customer research.
- Support commercial teams in identifying and assessing new product opportunities and in providing technical evaluation of new raw materials and/or product concepts.
- Monitor developments in technology capability and product trends, with the objective of identifying opportunities for the business.
- Engage with external research institutes and consultants on product development projects where expertise is not available in-house.
YOUR KNOWLEDGE AND EXPERIENCE:
- Minimum 10 to 15 years’ relevant experience in the dairy industry.
- Successful track record of R&D projects delivery in the dairy industry.
- Specific application and technical knowledge on next issues will be considered an advantage:
technical knowledge in milk proteins and dairy processing (separation, concentration, drying technologies, etc…) for ice-creams, milk desserts, yogurt, acid drinks, etc…
- Technical knowledge in milk obtained by drying processing or by making fresh milk, and knowledge in milk formulation for different uses: vegetal-fat milk, reconstituted milk, protein concentrates, lactose, etc…
- Technical knowledge in recombined milk, UHT processing, packaging, machinery and methods of working with powdered and liquid products, etc….
The challenge was solved and the right candidates found – if you match this profile please contact us for future opportunities and challenges. firstname.lastname@example.org
If you are a food expert and not a member yet – join us today