12 Nov Sweetener with a lower GI than glucose sugar for a new energy drink
A European beverage company is looking for a sweetener with a lower GI than glucose sugar which fits within an EFSA claim and can be formulated into an energy drink.
The expert should come up with several new carbohydrate options that could be formulated into a new energy drink while understanding the scientific work of appetitive processing and energy presented in liquids.
The company currently uses :
Glucose syrup – which is high in calories and not very sweet in the taste
Glucose fructose syrup – which is sweet in taste and is high calories
Key Points :
– Lower GI than glucose syrup & glucose fructose syrup
– Lower in calories than glucose syrup & glucose fructose syrup
– Must be approved in the EU
– Cost of the sweetener is not an issue at this early stage.
– Looking at the oligosaccharides : fructose oligosaccharide, manno oligosaccharides, crystalline fructose
– Ideally with digestion times between 2 and 4 hours.
Additionally the challenger is interested to know if it is possible to get a satiety claim around the lower GI sugar or if there is any other functional claim already approved by the EU.
If you are an expert who would like to work on this challenge – please contact us or leave a comment. firstname.lastname@example.org
Are you a food expert and not a member yet – join us today